Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Miracle

Yesterday was my birthday. I woke up yesterday morning just like every other morning...hungry for my bowl of Special K Chocolaty Delight Cereal. When i got to the kitchen i saw that Tom had already fixed the kids bowls of my chocolaty delicious cereal and they were sitting enjoying their breakfast. I reached for the box to pour myself a bowl and it was empty. EMPTY. On my BIRTHDAY. So, i began to think of what else i could possibly eat and came up with my all time favorite...chocolate pop-tarts. There is nothing quite like a toasted chocolate pop-tart and cold glass of milk. The only problem is, we don't buy pop-tarts. So i went to the one place i know keeps a supply...my parents house. Just so happens, they live across the street so i ventured out in the freezing cold in search of my beloved pop-tart. Now in the time it took me to think of pop-tarts and get across the street my mind was set. NOTHING else was going to do. I walk in and ask my dad if he has any pop-tarts and he says YES! I ask if he has any chocolate pop-tarts and sadly he crushed all my hopes and dreams. He only had brown sugar cinnamon and cherry. FOUR big boxes of brown sugar cinnamon and one small of cherry. How could this be happening to me on my birthday??? I decided that if i was going to get anything at all i was just going to have to settle for brown sugar cinnamon and reached in the box. I went over to the toaster opened my brown sugar cinnamon pop tart to toast it and that's when it happened. My birthday miracle. I pulled out of the package a CHOCOLATE pop-tart!! My very own birthday miracle!! They were the best chocolate pop-tarts i have ever eaten. Probably because they were miracle pop-tarts.

1 comment: