Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wishing On a Star

You know those parents out there that bribe their children to get something done?? Or promise a special treat just to get through a particular event? That's me! I realize that this may not be the best parenting technique out there but it sure does work in a pinch. So today, we put it in to action. Haylee had a little mole removed at the dermatologist today. I promised her a new toy after it was all done for being so brave. So when i got the boys down for nap Haylee and I headed to Toys'R'Us...her pick to find this new toy. I have to say that walking into the store i felt a little dread at the thought of just how many aisles of toys there are in that place and the knowledge that my children generally have to look at each and every one at least 3 times. But today, Toy Story 3 saved the day. She walked right up to the HUGE display of every kind of Toy Story toy you can imagine and picked up a Jesse doll. That was it, she made her decision. We never even got past the first display. As we were headed to the check out she said to me with a big smile on her face.."mommy, i wished on a star that i could have a Jesse doll with a hat that comes off like this"! At that moment she could have probably had anything in the store. Those are the moments that melt your heart. So heres to wishing on stars....it might just work!!!

2 comments: